MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY OF THE BOROUGH OF BEDFORD
244 WEST PENN STREET
BEDFORD, PA 15522
TELEPHONE (814) 623-8192
FAX (814) 623-3315
July 9, 2020
REQUEST FOR CUSTOMERS TO CONSERVE WATER
As a result of the low flows in the Raystown Branch of the Juniata River, created by the ongoing lack of sustained precipitation in the River’s watershed west of Bedford, the Municipal Authority of the Borough of Bedford is requesting that its customers voluntarily conserve water by taking the following minimum steps:
• Investigate for and then repair any leaking plumbing fixtures.
• Only water grass, shrubs, and trees that have been planted this year and other out-of-doors plants (flowers & gardens) between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. by means of a bucket or hand-held hose with an automatic shut-off.
• Only wash the exterior of buildings and driveways in preparation for painting or sealing.
• If washing vehicles by hand, wash only every other week, use a hose with an automatic shut-off, and attempt to keep pre-rinse and rinse time to around two (2) minutes.
• Restaurants should only serve water if requested to do so by the customer.
Updates on this situation will be provided to the public as conditions warrant.
Questions should be directed to the Bedford Borough Manager at telephone 623-8192.
Barbara E. Diehl
PLACED ON BOROUGH WEBSITE – www.bedboro.com
BEDFORD GAZETTE (News Department): Please place in “Top of th’ Morning” at your earliest convenience.
BEDFORD COUNTY FREE PRESS
DOWNTOWN BEDFORD, INC.
BEDFORD COUNTY VISITORS BUREAU
BEDFORD FIRE DEPARTMENT NO. 1, INC.
BOROUGH COUNCIL, MAYOR & SOLICITOR
BEDFORD COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
CESSNA COMMUNICATIONS: Please air periodically.
WSKE RADIO: Please air periodically.
BEDFORD COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK