244 WEST PENN STREET
BEDFORD, PA 15522
TELEPHONE (814) 623-8192
FAX (814) 623-3315
June 6, 2017
On Saturday, June 10th, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., the following streets will be closed to all traffic to accommodate Downtown Bedford Inc.’s “Bed Races” event:
• South Juliana Street – from Penn Street to Watson Street
• Butler Avenue – from South Juliana Street to Lafayette Avenue
• Lafayette Avenue – from Butler Avenue to Vondersmith Avenue
• Vondersmith Avenue – from Lafayette Avenue to Huntingdon Avenue
• John Street – from Lafayette Avenue to Huntingdon Avenue
Immediately following the BED RACES – pedestrians will be directed across Penn Street in order to attend DBI’s “Wing Off” event. The following street will be closed to all traffic to accommodate the WING OFF event between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.:
• Juliana Street – from Central Way to Penn Street
Vehicle operators should take extra precaution when driving in/near the aforementioned area.
Barbara E. Diehl
• BEDFORD GAZETTE (News Department):
Please print in “Top of th’ Morning” in the Thursday, June 8th or Friday, June 9, 2017 issue.
• BEDFORD COUNTY FREE PRESS
• DOWNTOWN BEDFORD, INC.
• BEDFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT
• BERKEBILE FUNERAL HOME
• BEDFORD AREA AMBULANCE SERVICE & FIRE DEPARTMENT
• BEDFORD COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & VISITORS BUREAU
• BEDFORD UNITED METHODIST CHURCH * LUTHERAN CHURCH * PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
• BEDFORD BOROUGH EMPLOYEES, COUNCIL, WATER AUTHORITY & MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
• BEDFORD COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK
• CESSNA COMMUNICATIONS: Please air on Friday, June 9th through Saturday, June 10th until 6:00 p.m.
• WSKE RADIO: Please air on Friday, June 9th through Saturday, June 10th until 6:00 p.m.