244 WEST PENN STREET
BEDFORD, PA 15522
TELEPHONE (814) 623-8192
FAX (814) 623-3315
September 25, 2017
The Borough of Bedford will not be collecting loose leaves until late October. Therefore, residents/property owners should not rake/blow loose leaves to the street as they will block catchbasin grates and cause flooding of streets. As time allows, the Borough will periodically collect bagged leaves if they are placed in recyclable paper bags and the property owners calls the Borough Office at 623-8192. Leaves should not be placed in plastic bags as they will not be collected.
A follow-up Press Release will be issued in the latter part of October to advise the public of the beginning of loose leaf collection. Property owners and tenants are reminded that tree/shrub limbs, flower/garden plants, rocks, blacktop, garbage, and rubbish, etc. should NOT be mixed in with the leaves as these items get stuck in and/or cause damage to the leaf vacuum machine, resulting in unnecessary down-time and expenses.
The public and motor vehicle operators are reminded that:
• It is illegal to burn leaves or any other materials on the streets.
• Parking a vehicle on piled-up leaves is unsafe as the hot exhaust system could cause the dry leaves and possibly the vehicle to catch fire.
• Caution should be used when turning or stopping on leaves, especially wet leaves, as they may cause the vehicle to skid out of control.
Barbara E. Diehl
POSTED ON WEBSITE
• BEDFORD GAZETTE (News Department): Please print in “Top of th’ Morning” as soon as possible.
• BEDFORD COUNTY FREE PRESS
• BEDFORD POLICE DEPT.
• DOWNTOWN BEDFORD, INC.
• BEDFORD FIRE DEPARTMENT
• BEDFORD COUNTY VISITORS BUREAU
• BEDFORD COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• BEDFORD BOROUGH COUNCIL, WATER AUTHORITY, MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY & EMPLOYEES
• CESSNA COMMUNICATIONS: Please air periodically.
• WSKE RADIO: Please air periodically.
• BEDFORD COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS CENTER