BOROUGH OF BEDFORD
244 WEST PENN STREET
BEDFORD, PA 15522
TELEPHONE (814) 623-8192
FAX (814) 623-3315
July 18, 2019
PRESS RELEASE – UPDATE WITH CORRECTED DATES
2019 ROADWAY PAVING WORK SCHEDULE
MILLING OF STREETS LISTED BELOW– Will begin on Monday, July 22nd
PAVING TO OCCUR IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING (Tuesday, July 23rd thru Friday, July 26th)
ALL PAVING WILL BE COMPLETED BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 9, 2019
The following streets in the Borough of Bedford will be closed during daylight hours (as determined by paving contractor) to facilitate completion of work related to the 2019 Paving Program:
➢ John Street (Richard to Anderson)
➢ Wood Street (Penn to John)
➢ East Street (Pitt to John)
➢ Bedford Street (Pitt to John)
➢ Central Way (Richard to Bedford)
➢ N. Thomas Street (Pitt to Fort Museum)
➢ Fort Museum Parking Lot Area
➢ Intersection of John & West (Corner of Mount Pisgah AME Zion Church)
Parking will be prohibited on the above roadways during the aforementioned times and dates. Each of the above roadways will be closed to all traffic during the milling – paving processes and thereafter until the blacktop has sufficiently cooled. Persons using driveways connected to the aforementioned roadways should park their vehicles in locations outside the work areas. Persons who normally drive on/near the roadways being paved should be alert for construction equipment, workers, and altered traffic patterns.
Updates on the Borough of Bedford’s 2019 Paving Schedule will be provided to the media and emergency responders as time permits.
Barbara E. Diehl
POSTED ON THE BOROUGH’S WEBSITE
• BEDFORD GAZETTE (News Department): Please place in “Top of th’ Morning” at your earliest convenience.
• BEDFORD COUNTY FREE PRESS
• BEDFORD POLICE
• DOWNTOWN BEDFORD, INC.
• BOROUGH COUNCIL, MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY & EMPLOYEES
• BEDFORD AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT TRANSPORTATION DIRECTOR
• BEDFORD FIRE DEPARTMENT & BEDFORD AREA AMBULANCE SERVICE
• BEDFORD COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & BEDFORD COUNTY VISITORS BUREAU
• CESSNA COMMUNICATIONS: Please air upon receipt and periodically thereafter.
• WSKE RADIO: Please air upon receipt and periodically thereafter.
• BEDFORD COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS CENTER