As a result of the low flows in the Raystown Branch of the Juniata River, created by the ongoing lack of sustained precipitation in the River’s watershed west of Bedford, the Bedford Borough Water Authority has issued a Mandatory Water Conservation Notice.
The following water uses are considered nonessential and are prohibited during this emergency.
Prohibited Water Uses:
- Watering lawns, gardens, landscaped areas, trees, shrubs and outdoor plants.
- Watering golf courses.
- Washing paved surfaces, such as streets, sidewalks, driveways, garages, parking areas, tennis courts and patios.
- Operating water fountains, artificial waterfalls and reflecting pools.
- Washing vehicles
- Serving water in eating places unless specifically requested by the individual.
- Filling and topping off swimming pools.
Updates on this situation will be provided to the public as conditions warrant.
Questions should be directed to the Bedford Borough Manager at telephone 623-8192. Barbara E. Diehl Borough Manager