244 WEST PENN STREET
BEDFORD, PA 15522
TELEPHONE (814) 623-8192
FAX (814) 623-3315
January 10, 2017
It is the responsibility of the owner, occupant or tenant of every property fronting upon or alongside any sidewalk in the Borough of Bedford to remove or cause to be removed from all of the sidewalks in front of or alongside such property all snow and ice thereon fallen or formed, so as to leave a cleared path the full width of the sidewalk or at least thirty-six (36”) inches in width, whichever is less, within twenty-four (24) hours after the same has ceased to fall or form. Snow and ice that is removed from sidewalks and/or driveways must not be thrown or plowed onto the driving lanes of the roadways.
Property owners who fail to remove the snow and/or ice from the sidewalks are liable for injury insurance claims should a pedestrian slip and fall. Property owners can also be cited by the Borough for failing to properly maintain their sidewalks and if convicted fined up to $600.00.
Barbara E. Diehl
– BEDFORD GAZETTE (News Department): Please print in “Top of th’ Morning” at your
– BEDFORD COUNTY FREE PRESS
– BEDFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT
– BOROUGH COUNCIL, MAYOR, BOROUGH SOLICITOR, BOROUGH EMA, BOROUGH SECRETARY, BEDFORD BOROUGH WATER AUTHORITY, BEDFORD BOROUGH MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY, CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, VISITORS BUREAU & DBI
– CESSNA COMMUNICATIONS: Please air on a periodic basis.
– WSKE RADIO: Please air on a periodic basis.
– PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT